When it comes to moving out of a rental property in Hampshire, one of the most important tasks is end of tenancy cleaning Hampshire. This is a crucial step that ensures that the property is left in pristine condition and helps tenants to get their full deposit back.
However, end of tenancy cleaning can be a daunting task, especially if you have a large property or if you are not familiar with the cleaning process. In this article, we will provide you with some tips and guidelines on how to carry out end of tenancy cleaning Hampshire effectively and efficiently.
1. What is End of Tenancy Cleaning?
End of tenancy cleaning is a thorough cleaning of a rental property before the tenant moves out. It is necessary to leave the property in pristine condition to get your full deposit back. This cleaning includes all areas of the property, including the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, living room, and other areas.
2. Why is End of Tenancy Cleaning Important?
End of tenancy cleaning is essential for several reasons. Primarily, it is a requirement in most tenancy agreements that tenants leave the property in the same condition as when they moved in. Failure to do so can result in the landlord deducting a portion or all of your deposit to cover the cost of cleaning.
Moreover, a clean and well-maintained property not only increases the chances of getting your full deposit back but also helps you to leave a good impression on the landlord. This can come in handy if you need a reference for your next rental property.
3. DIY vs. Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning
When it comes to end of tenancy cleaning, you have two options: DIY or professional cleaning services. While DIY cleaning may seem like a cost-effective option, it can be time-consuming and may not yield the desired results. Professional cleaning services, on the other hand, are efficient, reliable, and have the necessary expertise and equipment to carry out end of tenancy cleaning Hampshire to a high standard.
If you decide to go for professional cleaning services, make sure to choose a reputable and reliable company with experience in end of tenancy cleaning. Look for reviews and testimonials online to get an idea of their level of service and customer satisfaction.
|Criteria||DIY End of Tenancy Cleaning||Professional End of Tenancy Cleaning|
|Quality of Cleaning||May vary||High|
|Equipment and Supplies||Must buy or rent||Provided by the cleaning company|
|Experience and Expertise||Limited||Extensive|
|Guarantee of Satisfaction||None||Yes, usually comes with a guarantee|
4. When to Start End of Tenancy Cleaning
It’s essential to start end of tenancy cleaning as early as possible to avoid last-minute stress and ensure that the property is cleaned thoroughly. Ideally, you should start cleaning a week or two before the moving-out date. This gives you enough time to clean every nook and cranny of the property and make sure that nothing is left behind.
5. What Does End of Tenancy Cleaning Include?
End of tenancy cleaning includes a thorough cleaning of the property, including the following:
- Wipe down doors and on top of doors.
- Wipe down skirting boards and all wooden furniture carefully of dust
- Wash windows internally including sills and ledges.
- Clean inside & outside and on top of cupboards/wardrobes
- Remove cobwebs.
- Clean coving, picture rail, cornice/curtain rails
- Clean & polish mirrors, pictures
- Clean and polish windows internally, windowsills, and window ledges
- Clean plugs, sockets, light switches & fittings, lamp shades
- Clean fire surround and radiators
- Clean behind and under furniture.
- Vacuum upholstery
- Vacuum and mop hard floors.
- clean bath and remove limescale.
- Wash shower cabinet/screen from inside and out / de-scale
- Clean and disinfect toilet from inside and out.
- Wash and de-scale sink/shine taps
- Wash down tiles, remove mold & wipe tiles.
- Clean & polish mirrors
- Wipe cupboards/shelving/ surfaces and polish stainless steel
- Clean windows from the inside, wipe down windowsills/ window ledges.
- Wipe down door/ frames/ skirting boards.
- Wipe clean towel rail.
- Wipe down the extractor fan.
- Clean plugs, light switches
- Vacuum, sanitize & mop floors.
- Clean and polish all kitchen cupboards and drawers both inside and out.
- Clean both inside and outside refrigerator & freezer (if defrosted in advance)
- Clean washing machine and dishwasher
- Clean and degrease the inside of the oven and polish the outside parts.
- Clean and polish the hob & grill.
- Clean, degrease, and polish the extractor fan filter.
- Wipe and wash down kitchen countertops.
- Remove lime scale and polish sink / shine taps.
- Clean windows from the inside; wipe down windowsills/window ledges.
- Wipe all woodwork (doors, door frames, skirting boards)
- Wipe down radiators.
- Clean plugs, light switches
- Vacuum and wash hard floors.
Entrance, Hallway, and Stairs Cleaning
- Remove Cobwebs
- Clean cornice/curtain rails and picture rails
- Clean/polish mirrors
- Clean/polish windows internally, sills & ledges
- The upholstery is vacuumed, and cushions are moved and cleaned below.
- Wipe doors and on top of them
- Wipe all skirting boards and woodworks of dust.
- Wipe down the banister, stairway, and railings.
- Clean lights switches & lights fittings, plugs, lamp shades, sockets.
- Clean behind, inside, and on top of cupboards and furnishings.
- Dust and polish all flat surfaces.
- Vacuum and mop hard floors.
6. Why Should I Hire an End of Tenancy Cleaner?
Hiring a professional end of tenancy cleaner can save you time, money, and stress. Firstly, professional cleaners have the necessary experience, knowledge, and equipment to clean a rental property to the highest standard. They also know what landlords and estate agents expect, so you can rest assured that your property will be left in a pristine condition.
Another advantage of hiring an end of tenancy cleaner is that it can increase your chances of getting your full deposit back. When you move out of a rental property, the landlord or estate agent will conduct a thorough inspection of the property to determine whether any damage has been caused or cleaning is required. If they find any issues, they may deduct the cost of repairs or cleaning from your deposit. By hiring a professional cleaner, you can ensure that the property is left in impeccable condition, giving you the best chance of getting your full deposit back.
7. DIY End of Tenancy Cleaning Tips for Tenants
If you are on a tight budget and cannot afford a professional cleaning service, here are some DIY cleaning tips:
- Start cleaning as early as possible to avoid last-minute stress.
- Use high-quality cleaning products and equipment.
- Follow a comprehensive cleaning checklist.
- Clean from top to bottom, starting with the ceilings and walls.
- Pay special attention to high-traffic areas and stains.
- Clean the kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans.
- Don’t forget to clean the inside of the fridge, oven, and microwave.
- Clean the windows and windowsills.
- Vacuum or sweep and mop the floors.
8. Checklist for End of Tenancy Cleaning
Here’s a comprehensive checklist for end of tenancy cleaning hampshire:
Bedrooms: Clean windows, sills, and ledges; dust and wipe all surfaces; clean mirrors and picture frames; vacuum carpets and clean floors; clean wardrobes, drawers, and shelves; clean light fixtures and switches.
Bathrooms: Clean windows, sills, and ledges; scrub the bathtub, shower, sink, and toilet; clean tiles and grout; wipe all surfaces; clean mirrors and picture frames; clean light fixtures and switches.
Kitchen: Clean windows, sills, and ledges; clean all appliances, including the oven, hob, and fridge; clean all surfaces, including countertops and cabinets; clean the sink and taps; clean the floors; clean light fixtures and switches.
Living Room: Clean windows, sills, and ledges; dust and wipe all surfaces; clean mirrors and picture frames; vacuum carpets and clean floors; clean light fixtures and switches.
9. Cost of End of Tenancy Cleaning in Hampshire
The cost of end of tenancy cleaning in Hampshire varies depending on the size of the property, the cleaning company, and the level of cleaning required. Our agency provides end-of-tenancy cleaning services in Hampshire that are second to none.
We ensure that the property is left spotless, guaranteeing that tenants get their full deposit back and landlords have a clean and pristine property ready for the next occupants. So, if you’re looking for a reliable and professional cleaning service, get in touch with us today.
Why Choose our end of tenancy cleaning service:
We are confident in our service and are committed to making sure you are satisfied. We offer a re-cleaning guarantee within 48 to 72 hours, which means that if you are not happy with any aspect of the cleaning, we will return and re-clean the area free of charge.
Diligent reliable cleaners:
Our cleaners are diligent, trustworthy, and reliable. They are fully trained and experienced in end of tenancy cleaning and will leave your property spotless.
We understand that end of tenancy cleaning can be a last-minute requirement, and we offer real-time availability to ensure we can accommodate your needs.
Free cleaning of the oven:
As part of our end of tenancy cleaning service, we offer free oven cleaning. We understand that the oven can be one of the most challenging and time-consuming areas to clean, and we want to take that stress away from you.
Professional Carpet Cleaning:
We also offer professional carpet cleaning; you will get a 50% discount on carpet cleaning. Our team uses high-quality equipment and products to ensure your carpets are left fresh, clean, and stain-free.
Just give us access:
We understand that moving out of a property can be stressful, and we want to make things as easy as possible for you. All we need is access to the property, and we will take care of the rest.
Not an hourly service:
We do not charge by the hour; instead, we offer a fixed price for our end of tenancy cleaning service. This means that you know exactly what you will be paying upfront and can budget accordingly.